The nation’s largest grocery store chain is signaling it’s had enough of high credit card fees charged to merchants. Is a war looming between grocery stores and credit card companies? The combatants in the struggle are Kroger and Visa, each with millions of dollars at stake in the contest. On this edition of MoneyWise, Rob West and Steve Moore share their insights on the credit card controversy.
Next, they answer your questions at (800) 525-7000 and firstname.lastname@example.org about the following:
- If you have a condo for which the HOA fees are currently $500/month and you’re concerned they're going rise, should you sell the condo?
- Are credit monitoring companies required to notify the consumer when an inquiry is initiated for the purpose of employment?
- If you're in the military and thieves take advantage of deployed members of the armed forces that can’t keep as close a watch over their identity and credit, what are some steps to take while you're overseas.
- Is it OK to wait until the end of the month to write your tithe check?
- If you've decided to sell your rental property because of medical bills, what kind of tax implications that will have?
Be sure to check out our new website at moneywise.org to connect with a MoneyWise Coach or access our books, videos, or any of our free helpful resources. You can also find us on Facebook. Thanks for your prayerful and financial support that helps keep MoneyWise on the air. And if you'd like to help, just go to the website and click the Donate tab at the top of the page.