Laura Petherbridge has counseled couples and single adults on relationships, stepfamilies, and divorce prevention and recovery all from a biblical worldview and is the author of When “I Do” Becomes “I Don’t”—Practical Steps for Healing During Separation and Divorce, and 101 Tips for The Smart Stepmom. Laura joins Rob to discuss these and other topics on this MoneyWise Live:
- How common is the childless stepmom these days?
- How has the divorce rate contributed to the prevalence of this situation?
- How does their situation as pose unique challenges?
- What are some of the financial challenges of the childless stepmom? And do stepdads have them too?
- Estate planning is always important but how much more so for the childless stepmom?
Next, Rob and Steve answer these questions at 800-525-7000 or via email at Questions@MoneyWiseLive.org:
- If you're a disabled single mom and have 2 special needs children currently living on savings and have some debt, should you use your saving to pay the debt or just keep paying the debt on its normal schedule?
- If you have a 32 year old son who's had a rough financial time and is currently living with you, what are some good steps to direct him into wiser financial thinking? coach
- If both of your parents have been diagnosed with dementia and have been place in care that is dwindling your savings, other than selling their house, are there creative approaches to use?
- We all know it's recommended to make a 20% down payment on a mortgage but what is the rule-of-thumb for down payment on an automobile?
Be sure to check out our new website at MoneyWiseLive.org to connect with a MoneyWise Coach or access our books, videos, or any of our free helpful resources. Thanks for your prayerful and financial support that helps keep MoneyWise Live on the air. And if you'd like to help, just click the Donate tab at the top of the page.