Because the earth is the Lord's and all that’s in it, God can use anyone and anything to influence others in all sorts of ways. Your ministry could be to your neighbor, to your Sunday school class or He may choose to use you in the marketplace.
Rob and Steve take a brief look at the unique opportunities available to the Christians in the workplace. Here are some points to remember about being God's representative at your desk:
- We were to be workers even before the fall of man.
- Work is referred to as a gift in Genesis 2 and a gift from God in Ecclesiastes 5.
- We are commanded to work in 2 Thessalonians 3:10.
- Work in its different forms is mentioned more than 800 times in the Bible.
- When Jesus called the 12 disciples, many of them owned and operated businesses as tradesmen and commercial fishermen.
- 122 of 134 appearances of Jesus Christ are in the marketplace.
- Of 52 parables Jesus told, 45 had a workplace context. Of 40 divine interventions recorded in Acts, 39 were in the marketplace.
- God strategically places His children everywhere! And if you’re in business, the Lord has given you a position of influence. He wants you to impact your co-workers, vendors, customers, and even your competitors.
- The Lord has appointed you to represent Him and bring His principles, His values, and His love to your workplace.
- Remember, God’s placed you in a strategic place for his purposes.
Next, Rob and Steve tackle listener questions at 800-525-7000 and via email to Questions@MoneyWiseLive.org on a variety of topics:
- If you're are getting close to retirement and currently own several rental properties, should you put the $1600/month you currently put into retirement into paying off the rental mortgages instead?
- Is it spiritual to use some of money for "niceties" given you have taken care of your spiritual obligations?
- When you receive a windfall, what's the best strategy to secure those funds until you secure a trusted advisor?
- If you just quit job to take car of your mom fulltime and you get $1000/month, should you report this income?
- If you currently have Medicare Advantage and you're some considering Christian Health Programs, is "Liberty Health Care" reputable and should you keep your Medicare Advantage if you go with the chosen CHP?
- If you currently paying certain expenses from your respective paychecks, how do you transition over to using a real budget? Apps - Mint, Everydollar and Envelopes
- Can you enumerate different Bible translation organizations and which are better stewards of their service?
- If you want to be diverse in your tithing, can you include non-profit organizations?
Be sure to check out our new website at MoneyWiseLive.org to connect with a MoneyWise Coach or access our books, videos, or any of our free helpful resources. Thanks for your prayerful and financial support that helps keep MoneyWise Live on the air. And if you'd like to help, just click the Donate tab at the top of the page.