2 Corinthians 10 tells us to take every thought captive to obey Christ. But since we all have thousands of thoughts each day, exactly how do we do this? Today, we take another excursion into the world of money, your life and the Bible as Rob West talks about false apostles who were generating false ideas back in the first century church. It’s here that Paul says we’re to take every thought captive in order to obey Christ. Paul knew that what you think about can become what you believe and, eventually, what you do. After unpacking that point, Rob and Steve take calls and questions at 800-525-7000 and via email at Questions@MoneyWise.org about the following:
- I’ve been retired for 10 years collecting Social Security, but have my own business. How much can I make before I have to pay Social Security back?
- What are the pros and cons of borrowing from a life insurance policy to pay for my children’s college education rather than using a 529 plan or something similar?
- How can we get rid of a timeshare that we own? We’ve been scammed by someone who claimed to be a timeshare reseller.
- I have several credit cards. I’ve just paid them all off and was considering closing the accounts. Will this hurt my credit?
- How much should we charge our adult child for room and board since he still lives at home?
At the end of the program, Steve mentioned the book, Splitting Heirs, by Ron Blue. You’ll find it right here on our website (MoneyWise.org). You can connect with a MoneyWise Coach or access our other books and many free helpful resources, as well. You can also find us on Facebook (MoneyWise Media) and join the conversation. Thanks for your prayerful and financial support that helps keep MoneyWise on the air. And if you'd like to help, just click the Donate tab at the top of the page.