Whether you own a business or you’re trying to advance your career, social media has become a powerful tool for courting customers or just getting your name out there. But it can also be a double-edged sword. On this MoneyWise Live, things you should do and things you shouldn’t to promote yourself or your business on Facebook, Twitter and all the rest.
- 37% of people around the world are using social media. Folks 65 and up are the fastest growing demographic using social media.
- What are some tips for leveraging social media for your business interest? The "dos" and don'ts"...
- Be the real you and don’t try to pass yourself off as something you’re not.
- Don't use of-color humor.
- Avoid politics or any controversial topic.
- Avoid posting TMI or too much information.
- Avoid posting very personal information.
- Look professional by using spelling and grammar checkers.
- Be transparent and share some of the human side of things but within reason.
Here are a couple of questions we answered from our callers on this program:
- Brian and his wife homeschool their six kids. The wife has never had an income. Will she ever be able to collect Social Security?
- Our son was diagnosed with cancer at a young age. He is now a year past treatment and doing well. We are never in the clear with his diagnosis. We have more than $30k in the bank designated for his care. We want this money to grow for him. We don’t consider this our money. We want to invest safely. What do you suggest?
Ask your questions at (800) 525-7000 or email them to Questions@MoneyWise.org. Check out the rest of our website (MoneyWise.org) where you can connect with a MoneyWise Coach, purchase books, and even download free, helpful resources like the MoneyWise app. Like and Follow us on Facebook at MoneyWise Media for videos and the very latest discussion! Remember that it’s your prayerful and financial support that keeps MoneyWise on the air. Help us continue this outreach by clicking the Donate tab at the top of the page.