“Instruct those who are rich in this present world to be rich in good works, to be generous storing up for themselves the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is life indeed.”
1 Timothy 6— reminding us that the Christian lifestyle demands generosity but not just with our pocketbooks. God wants a giving heart as well. Host Rob West discusses true generosity with Compass Finances God’s Way founder Howard Dayton.
Rob talks to Howard about these topics:
- That verse in first Timothy 6 is Howard Dayton used in the chapter on generosity in his small group study Charting Your Legacy. We might think it applies to someone else (maybe even in a different time) but that’s not the case?
- As we're officially into the Christmas season now - a time when people naturally feel more generous and often that means year-end financial giving or putting something in the Salvation Army kettle. Those things are very important and we absolutely should do them but that’s not the complete picture of generosity, is it?
- What if we’re just going through the motions? How do we develop the proper attitude about giving?
- Scripture tells us that we can expect something in return for our generosity—what might we expect?
- How much should we give? And where should we give?
Next, Rob and Steve answer these questions at 800-525-7000 or via email at Questions@MoneyWiseLive.org:
- If you have a 401(k) from a previous employer that you can no longer contribute to, what should you do with it?
- If you're in a financial crunch because you're in need of car repairs, should you consider a car title loan?
- If you started a 529 for your son and he's recently begun school and the funds will run out soon, should you continue contributing to the fund or stop now?
- What is a charitable gift annuity, how does it work and how can you benefit from one?
- What are you options if you're the target of a debt collection law suit?
- How can you expedite payback of student loans that total $130,000?
Be sure to check out our new website at MoneyWiseLive.org to connect with a MoneyWise Coach or access our books, videos, or any of our free helpful resources. Thanks for your prayerful and financial support that helps keep MoneyWise Live on the air. And if you'd like to help, just click the Donate tab at the top of the page.