On this MoneyWise, Rob West and Steve Moore offer biblical wisdom on teaching your children to manage money in an age appropriate manor. They also cover topics such as when to retire and how to pay for home repairs with no savings.
Next, they take your questions at 800-525-7000 or Questions@MoneyWise.org about the following:
- Both husband and wife are recent college graduates and both have college debt. They’d like to pay it off, but a financial planner said they should not pay it off early. What do you think?
- Husband and wife have credit card debt. They’re not behind in their payments. They have a lot of equity in their home. Should they take out a lower Home Equity Loan to pay off the credit cards?
- I’ve messed up big time with my finances. I started into a Debt Management program but couldn’t make the payments. I’ve tried to get on a budget but couldn’t stick with it. What do I do?
- Who needs access to my Social Security Number? Nowadays, everyone seems to ask for it including my cable company. Which requests are legitimate?
- My mortgage lender recently sold my mortgage to another company. Why do they do this, and are they allowed to do it without notifying me?
At the end of the program, Steve mentioned the book, Splitting Heirs, by Ron Blue. You can find it on this website (MoneyWise.org). You can also connect with a MoneyWise Coach or access our other books and many free helpful resources. If you’re active on social media, you can find us on Facebook (MoneyWise Media) and join the conversation. Thanks for your prayerful and financial support that helps keep MoneyWise on the air. And if you'd like to help, just click the Donate tab at the top of the page.