Are you looking for a place to put your emergency fund? One with low-risk but still offering a better return on your money than your local bank? If so, the once-lowly money market fund may be just what you’re looking for. With the Great Recession safely behind us, money market funds are making a comeback. Rob West goes over their pros and cons with Sound Mind Investing's Matt Bell.
Rob and Matt go over the following topics in this edition of MoneyWise Live:
- A lot of folks confuse money market funds with money market accounts. What’s the difference?
- Money market funds got a bad rap during the Great Recession. Why was that?
- Money market funds are making a comeback. Why is that?
- Investors took some losses with money market funds a decade ago. How safe are they now?
Next, Rob and Steve tackle listener questions at 800-525-7000 and via email to Questions@MoneyWiseLive.org on a variety of topics:
- Can you transfer an annuity that's part of a retirement plan into an IRA?
- If you're selling a home, what's the safest place to place the money for the safest investment?
- If you're a couple in your 20's, good savers with no debt and can afford to put some money away for a substantial amount of time, what are some good investment ideas?
- What do you do when you want to tithe off the top but you have business bills that need to be paid?
Be sure to check out our new website at MoneyWiseLive.org to connect with a MoneyWise Coach or access our books, videos, or any of our free helpful resources. Thanks for your prayerful and financial support that helps keep MoneyWise Live on the air. And if you'd like to help, just click the Donate tab at the top of the page.