“I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.” … Psalm 40 reveals the joy we experience when we hear and answer the Lord’s calling. After all, we were created for good works that glorify God. Your work matters to God and He wants you to be fulfilled. But how can you hear his calling? Brian Ray, Volunteer Co-Founder of Crossroads Career Services, joins our host Rob West with some very specific ways you can do that.
- Everyone would like to know they’re following God’s calling— but we don’t always actively pursue hearing it. Maybe we think He’ll let us know if it’s important but what He really wants is a conversation. How do we get started?
- Do we also want to involve other believers in our pursuit?
- We’ve involved God and others in our pursuit of His calling. Are there things we need to do on our own?
Next, Rob and Steve answer these questions at 800-525-7000 or via email at Questions@MoneyWiseLive.org:
- If you're a nurse and feel that you're answering God's calling doing so but you could do so much better financially working elsewhere, what should you do?
- If, when you first got your job, you considered it a gift from God, but now, not so much, what should you do?
- If you're in your mid-50s, were in HR but have transitioned to teaching but have learned that you cannot advance without $30,000 of further education, what should you do?
- If you're recently widowed and feeling fragile about it, what should you do with proceeds that come from insurance or inheritance and should you tithe on it?
- If your son is interested in the assistance with his finances, how and where should you direct him to begin?
- If you and your wife have eliminated all debt except your mortgage and would like to start contributing to your children's education, should you favor either the 529 or ESA (Coverdale) over the other?
- Is it really a good idea to freeze your credit to prevent someone from using your credit?
Be sure to check out the rest of MoneyWise.org to connect with a MoneyWise Coach or access our books and our many free helpful resources. You can also find us on Facebook (MoneyWise Media) and join the conversation. Thanks for your prayerful and financial support that helps keep MoneyWise on the air. And if you'd like to help, just click the Donate tab at the top of the page.