Let’s say you’re a Christian business person and you do your best to witness for Christ in the dog-eat-dog world of commerce. How then do you handle someone who legitimately owes you money but won’t pay? Perhaps you’re a doctor, dentist, contractor or restaurant owner…and there are customers or suppliers who won’t or can’t pay what they owe you. Now what?
On this edition of MoneyWise Live, Steve Moore and Rob West discuss the following topics regarding collecting debt:
- What if as a business person someone owes you money, you’ve asked many times and they just won’t pay. How can you collect?
- What if someone you know is a Christian brother or sister is not paying what they rightfully owe you?
- What about collecting from a non-believer?
Next, Rob and Steve answer these questions at 800-525-7000 or via email at Questions@MoneyWiseLive.org:
- If you're 60 and work full-time and have little retirement planning support from your husband, what are some good steps to prepare for retirement?
- If you just moved to a new job, should you move or roll over a 401(k) from your previous employer?
- What percentage of one's salary should be allocated to retirement and emergency savings?
- If you have a goddaughter who isn't terribly financially responsible, how do you help her financially without enabling irresponsible habits?
- If you give but don't give as much as you'd like because you have a lot of debt, how do you handle feeling "tight" on finances?
Be sure to check out our new website at MoneyWiseLive.org to connect with a MoneyWise Coach or access our books, videos, or any of our free helpful resources. Thanks for your prayerful and financial support that helps keep MoneyWise Live on the air. And if you'd like to help, just click the Donate tab at the top of the page.