On this edition of MoneyWise, Steve Moore and Rob West, speak with former Air Force spouse and founder of Heroes At Home, Ellie Kay, about financials in the military. They also discuss many ways we can help out those who serve our country. Ellie offers suggestions like hiring a veteran, helping military family around the house, babysitting and giving gift cards for groceries or restaurants. You can find out more about Ellie Kay and her ministry at https://heroesathome.org
Next, they answer your questions at (800) 525-7000 and email@example.com about the following:
- If you have a credit card that pays 1.75% on all types of purchases, should you be using this card for all of our purchases?
- Is it smart to get a HELOC on your first property to help with closing costs of a second property?
- If you're getting closer to retirement, what are some steps to prepare for the retirement years?
- If you have no debt and good credit, why would your credit score suddenly drop by 40 points?
- How do you know you are getting the lowest rate for insurance?
Be sure to check out our new website at moneywise.org to connect with a MoneyWise Coach or access our books, videos, or any of our free helpful resources. You can also find us on Facebook and get notifications about what we’re up to. Thanks for your prayerful and financial support that helps keep MoneyWise on the air. And if you'd like to help, just go to the website and click the Donate tab at the top of the page.