“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” — 2 Timothy 4:7. The Apostle Paul’s words at the end of his ministry are both an encouragement and a challenge to us to finish well as believers. We want to honor God with every aspect of our lives right up to the end and that includes our finances. Howard Dayton joins Steve and Rob to talk about finishing well. We owe Howard Dayton a huge debt. Without his leadership and desire to “finish well” himself— we wouldn’t have the MoneyWise Live radio program. Howard Dayton started MoneyWise to continue the legacy of teaching God’s financial principles over the airwaves.
Howard Dayton discussed these and other points on the topic of finishing well:
- Howard talks about finishing well as mentioned in the Bible.
- Does God’s Word tell us “finished well?”
- One very tangible way we can “finish well” is with our finances. How do we do that?
- When people think of finishing well with their finances, they’re probably drawn to Proverbs 13:22, “A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children”. While that’s certainly true— finishing well is about much more than that, isn’t it?
- What are the “nuts and bolts” of finishing well?
Next, Rob and Steve answer some listener questions at 800-525-7000 or via email at Questions@MoneyWiseLive.org:
- Is there a biblical directive to give our inheritance to our children or grandchildren?
- Can you expound on the trappings of wealth vs. the attributes of poverty?
- What are some points to remember if you're considering taking care of your funeral plans?
- If you don't want to throw away money on rent but the housing market in your area is artificially high, what should you do?
- If you're the recipient of a retirement plan via QDRO, does remarrying disqualify you?
Be sure to check out our new website at MoneyWiseLive.org to connect with a MoneyWise Coach or access our books, videos, or any of our free helpful resources. Thanks for your prayerful and financial support that helps keep MoneyWise Live on the air. And if you'd like to help, just click the Donate tab at the top of the page.