A suggestion from FaceBook for today's opening discussion … a listener wants to know what a biblical business startup would look like. If you have an idea for a MoneyWise topic, we'd love to get your ideas, too. Visit us on FaceBook, Twitter or Instagram for more. On this edition of MoneyWise Live, Rob West gives us a clear picture of what starting and operating a business according to God’s financial principles would look like when he covers these topics:
- How does a business run by a believer who truly wants to honor God look?
- What are God’s standards for starting a business?
- You've said honesty and accountability but they’re just good business practices?
- A lot of business startups are "one man bands," but sometimes you have employees to consider, too. How does that factor in?
Next, Rob and Steve answer these questions at 800-525-7000 or via email at Questions@MoneyWiseLive.org:
- If you're expecting an inheritance from another country and want to avoid a loss through the exchange rate, is there any procedure to avoid or at least delay that?
- If you're having a tough time selling a house and you're thinking about renting it instead, what should you do if your mortgage payment exceeds what you'll probably get in rent?
- If you're a single mom, have $25,000 of credit card debt, $160,000 in student loan debt and are feeling overwhelmed, should you consider selling stock or discontinuing contributions to your 401(k)? christiancreditcounselors.org
- If you're close to retirement and will still have a mortgage when retirement happens, should you defer starting Social Security benefits or start them now and use it to assist the mortgage payment.
- Since Ecclesiastes 11:2 recommends spreading your money across 7, should you apply that to an FDIC insured bank?
- If you're at retirement age, owe $82,500 on your home and have a Vanguard retirement fund worth $175,000, should you pay off the house with the retirement fund?
- If you've always heard that you'll be financially blessed if you're faithful to tithe but have never experienced that financial blessing, should you consider backing off the tithing to get caught up on debt?
Be sure to check out our new website at MoneyWiseLive.org to connect with a MoneyWise Coach or access our books, videos, or any of our free helpful resources. Thanks for your prayerful and financial support that helps keep MoneyWise Live on the air. And if you'd like to help, just click the Donate tab at the top of the page.