You’re out running errands miles away from home and your computer when suddenly you have an overwhelming urge to check your credit score. If only there was a way to check your score right now. It turns out there is and it’s right in your pocket or purse. More than a dozen smartphone apps now allow you to check your FICO score on the fly but which one is best for you? Financial planner and teacher Rob West has the reviews.
- There was a time when you had to order your credit score by phone or snail mail and there was a fee involved. Is that all a thing of the past?
- What are some of the smartphone apps are we looking at today?
- Why would you want or need to check your FICO score or credit report frequently?
- What’s a good credit score these days?
Next, Rob and Steve answer these questions at 800-525-7000 or via email at Questions@MoneyWiseLive.org:
- If you just bought a home and want to start paying the mortgage while saving as much as possible, what are some tips for doing so?
- About how much should you intend on paying for a full financial plan for a total of $1 million?
- If you an your spouse are 58 & 64, have $40,000 in an IRA, have no debt and about $500,000 in a money market account and are confused about annuities, investing and financial advisors, what's the best way to grow the money?
- What's the difference between a credit report and credit score?
- If you're about to come into some money, have some credit card debt, 2 mortgages and a car loan, will it hurt your credit score to pay off these debts?
- Is it a good idea to pay off your mortgage with a HELOC?
- What are some tips on doing the math for a Blended Retirement System?
- If a friend of yours has refinanced a student loan of about $50,000 to a new lender but the principal hasn't gone down much in years, should the friend be suspicious of the lender?
- Can you explain how a HELOC and how "block-chain" works in a future program?
Be sure to check out our new website at MoneyWiseLive.org to connect with a MoneyWise Coach or access our books, videos, or any of our free helpful resources. Thanks for your prayerful and financial support that helps keep MoneyWise Live on the air. And if you'd like to help, just click the Donate tab at the top of the page.