Have you ever gotten a tip that seemed helpful at the time, but turned out to be anything but helpful? It’s not a big deal if it’s a recommendation for a movie or a restaurant, but bad information can have a big impact when it comes to your money and your credit. Rob West and Steve Moore reveal some credit score advice you need to run away from if you want to save money and avoid unneeded stress.
Next, they answer your questions at (800) 525-7000 and firstname.lastname@example.org about the following:
- if you just went to AnnualCreditReport.com and got your score, what do you do with this information?
- If you're the victim of ID Theft and have put an alert on your credit report, what else should you do?
- Should you refinance even at a higher rate to get rid of the PMI charges?
- If you've paid for 30 years on a mortgage, but the mortgage company says I still owe money for another 30 years, what do you do?
- If you're presently going through a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, what are the future options and what happens next?
At the end of the program, Steve mentioned the book, Your Money Counts, by Howard Dayton. You’ll find it right here on our website (MoneyWise.org). You can connect with a MoneyWise Coach or access our other books and many free helpful resources. You can also find us on Facebook (MoneyWise Media) and join the conversation. Thanks for your prayerful and financial support that helps keep MoneyWise on the air. And if you'd like to help, just click the Donate tab at the top of the page.