You work hard to provide for your family. You might even have two jobs. But still it’s a struggle to put food on the table, keep the lights on and now, the car needs brakes. If you just had a few more dollars until payday… Folks in those dire financial straits often turn to what they think is their only option - the dreaded payday loan. And they end up paying more in interest than the money they borrowed. Kingdom Advisors President Rob West has some alternatives including these topics:
- Why would anyone take out a payday loan?
- What are some alternatives to payday loans?
- What's the interest like the U.S. Bank "Simple Loan"?
- Are there better alternatives than the Simple Loan?
- The alternatives aren't ideal. And aren’t they just treating the underlying symptom?
Next, Rob and Steve answer these questions at 800-525-7000 or via email at Questions@MoneyWiseLive.org:
- Should you ever consider cashing in your 401(k) for a downpayment on a house?
- If you've been participating in fractional shares and that service known as Sharebuilders was bought-out by Capital One, what are some other investment options? stockpile.com bettermint https://www.betterment.com
- If the city has sudden imposed an expensive project you have to pay for and they only offer a 5% interest alternative, should you consider taking a loan out from your 401(k)?
- If you are self employed, what are the best options to augment your husband's retirement investments?
- What should you do if you're worried about a "market correction" and are concentrated in just one company?
- If you're in your mid-30s, in good financial shape with no debt and have discovered a very good home ownership opportunity but don't have an emergency fund set up, should you consider buying the house yet?
- Should young couples be moving quicker because of rising home mortgage interest rates?
- If you just sold a rental house, how do you calculate the tithe on it?
- If you'd like to better prepare your parents for the finances of their end-of-life, what are some good starting points?
- If you're about to have your first child and want to get a good start on saving for them, what are some good research options. https://savingforcollege.com
Be sure to check out our new website at MoneyWiseLive.org to connect with a MoneyWise Coach or access our books, videos, or any of our free helpful resources. Thanks for your prayerful and financial support that helps keep MoneyWise Live on the air. And if you'd like to help, just click the Donate tab at the top of the page.