“All Scripture is God-breathed and useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” That passage in 2 Timothy applies to all of life but perhaps nowhere more than with our finances where God’s Word is the first and final authority. Rob West takes that up with Kingdom Advisors co-founder Ron Blue. Ron Blue has dedicated his life to teaching and advising people to be godly stewards. He’s in great demand as a speaker and author yet he always has time for MoneyWise Live and he discusses these topics with Rob:
- How do the principles in God’s Word stack up to the advice given by worldly financial advisors?
- Are God’s financial principles specific enough to guide us in managing our money today?
- The Bible tells us how to manage money wisely. Can you talk about how it also shows us that stewardship is about more than money?
- What should motivate us as we try to follow God’s principles with our finances?
Next, Rob and Steve answer these questions at 800-525-7000 or via email at Questions@MoneyWiseLive.org:
- If you're 48 and new to this country and want to start investing and saving, where do you start? Sound Mind Investing Handbook
- If you're 65 and have some land that's appreciated a good bit over the last few years, how do you determine whether you should sell it now or hold on?
- If you have a good personal credit rating, should you consider co-signing for a business loan for your own business?
- How does borrowing from life insurance work and do you have to pay it back?
- If you're taking care of your son's medical and financial needs and are running up against some overwhelming barriers, are there any creative ideas to work through this problem?
- If you're 62 and have a life insurance policy provider by your employer that is going to go away, should you research letting the policy lapse?
Be sure to check out our new website at MoneyWiseLive.org to connect with a MoneyWise Coach or access our books, videos, or any of our free helpful resources. Thanks for your prayerful and financial support that helps keep MoneyWise Live on the air. And if you'd like to help, just click the Donate tab at the top of the page.